Healthy Meals: Korean Traditional Bibimbap Recipe. (how to make Bibimbap)
How about eating a healthy meal today? Here is a delicious and simple recipe. Bibimbap, a traditional Korean food, is a menu that mixes vegetables, meat, and rice with soy sauce or gochujang sauce (Korean chili pepper paste), which provides balanced nutrition. It does not require a complicated cooking and is a bowl meal with exotic and colorful colors. Therefore, it will be an excellent choice not only when preparing a simple meal but also when entertaining special guests.
Ingredients (4 servings) :
Rice – 12.7oz of rice (3cup), 17.64oz of water (3 1/2cup) (You can use 4 servings of instant rice)
Vegetables – 1 cucumber (5.3oz), 1 pumpkin (5.3oz), a bunch of spinach (5.3oz), 1 carrot, 8~10 mushroom (5.3oz), minced garlic, salt, cooking oil
Others – miced beef (5.3oz), 4 eggs, suger, minced garlic, pepper.
Sauce – Gochujang(Korean hot pepper paste) or soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seed, pepper.
- Wash rice, soak it in water for 30 minutes, and then cook rice. It’s better to make the amount of rice and water 1:1. You can use instant rice if you don’t know how to cook rice.
2.Now we have to make the meat sauce. Prepare a bowl and mix it with 2 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs sugar, 4 teaspoons minced garlic, and add miced meat.
(It’s good to marinate the meat for about an hour. But don’t worry if you don’t have enough time. You can just fry the meat with this sauce.)
- Wash all vegetables. It’s enough to wash with just water.
- Slice a cucumber, a pumpkin, a carrot, and mushrooms thinly. It’s better to cut it thin so that vegetables don’t crunch too much. Please refer to the picture. (I used shiitake mushrooms in the picture. But you can use any mushrooms you have.)
5. Heat a pan, cover it with cooking oil, add sliced cucumbers, sliced pumpkin, salt, and minced garlic, and stir-fry on high heat for 30 seconds, respectively. You’d better fry the vegetables separately to make sure the shape and color of the vegetables don’t get messy.
- Stir-fry carrots and mushrooms the same way. But please stir-fry for 1 minute. Because carrots and mushrooms take longer to cook.
- Put spinach in a pot of boiling water and stir it for a minute. Then rinse it in cold water a few times and squeeze it lightly. Mix it with a pinch of salt, minced garlic and sesame oil.
- Heat the pan and put cooking oil and stir-fry meat with the sauce you made earlier. You can make it like this picture.
- Fry the eggs according to your preference. sunny-side-up is recommended. Please refer to this picture.
- Put the rice and ingredients in a deep bowl like a picture and put an egg on top.
- Sesame seeds and sesame oil make it more savory. (Put them just a little bit)
- You can mix it and eat it with Gochujang sauce or soy sauce. (Mix it little by little so that it’s not too salty.)
Like this, Bibimbap is a very easy food that you just cut into thin pieces and stir-fry all the ingredients.
You can make bibimbap with any ingredients as long as you keep in mind that you don’t forget the gochujang and Seasoning the ingredients appropriately.
So, don’t worry. I hope you to challenge and make delicious bibimbap. Thank youJ